Friday, October 3, 2008

wow-it's been over a year...

I was going to be faithful to blogging. So much for that. What happened? I guess life. It's really been a very wild year. I have been shaken (Thank goodness we will one day receive a kingdom that cannot be shaken-Heb. 12:26-28). In January, Missy became very ill and was paralyzed. I don't have the words to describe what we went through. I can describe God's favor and grace as he carried us during this time. Praise God, she is fully recovered and I will leave that story for another day. In March, Amanda faced major surgery with a cancer scare. Once again, we were turned upside down, and again God carried us. She is great after losing an ovary, fallopian tube, and appendix. In April, I resigned from children's ministry. Another long story that God had been writing for awhile. But as he ended a 10 year era, He has began a new one. He has given me a vision and heart for women and families with a passion that is unexplainable. I want people to know Him. I want them to know who they are in Christ. I want them to fall in love with the Savior and His Word. He has indeed blessed me. Most days, I am overwhelmed with the thought that He would use me at all....

No comments: