Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Disappointed

I'm very disappointed in some choices some friends made. I just don't understand sometimes. Then I'm smacked with, "Is that how God feels about us sometimes?" Surely, He must get extremely disappointed. He gave us free will. He lets us make choices. And we must be ready to accept the consequences for those choices. But oh how we must disappoint Him sometimes. The Strong's concordance says it is to blush or be ashamed. You know what's cool though? In Romans 5:5 "And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Hope doesn't disappoint. Psalm 22:5 "They cried to you and were saved; in you they trusted and were not disappointed." Have you ever been disappointed with God? I have. But my disappointment always gets turned around to HOPE; and HOPE in God has never disappointed me. Psalm 25:3 "No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame(disappointed)." Romans 10:11 "As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame(disappointed)." Praise YOU Father!

No comments: