Friday, October 3, 2008

Married 22 years

This past 22 years have gone by extremely fast. I can't even believe it. Cliche, I know. It's been the absolute best years of my life. Some of the worst times, but the best years. LB is incredible. He won't say so. He is the closest person I've ever met to being like Christ. He loves like Jesus, from the inside out, not the outside in. He's fair. He's real. He's my soul mate and I'm so thankful for him.(Course, he didn't do too bad himself!! haha) Some have asked me, how do we have such a great marriage? I think it's because when you love like Christ loves, it's just different. LB has never ever once, in 22 years, failed to put my needs above his own. I wish I could say the same. I know I try and fail. We don't sweat the small stuff. Life's too short. He has never disrespected me in any way. We've built alot, we've lost alot. In fact, we've almost lost it all due to his health. It's truly been for richer, for poorer. in sickness and in health. But we have a joy that only comes from Christ. My top 3 tips for a marriage. Always put the other person's needs above your own. Never disrespect your spouse. Love like Jesus. Enough said.

No comments: