Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tiko

I met a Spanish man today carrying all his possessions on his back. He had a little ripped walmart sack with his lunch in it and a water bottle. He had just arrived a few days ago from El Paso on a bus. Homeless, no job. He sat down beside me and I spoke a hello. He smiled and said hi. Said he was cold and trying to warm up. Looking for a job. He was walking and had been walking all over town. I just couldn't get past his smile. It came from his heart. My curiosity got the better of me, and I asked him his story. Why had he come to Amarillo? Family? Friends? No, he said. He had just heard it was a good place to work and live. He told me of a man who had stopped in the snow and given him a ride yesterday. He gave the credit to the Lord and said "I know the Lord sent an angel to give me a ride." I looked over at him and I said "You really love the Lord don't you?" He said, "yes mam, He's everything to me." He said, "I just walk down the streets singing praises to Him all day long. David did that, he walked the streets and sang praises." This man, with tattood arms and scruffy clothes, held the light of Christ in his eyes that I don't see to often. I invited him to our church and told him I would pray for him to find a job. He said, "God bless you Natalie." I replied back "God Bless YOU, Tiko." My friends, if you don't mind too much, say a prayer for Tiko tonight. Pray he is warm and finds a job so he can get an apartment. I have a feeling God is going to use him in Amarillo, TX. Thank you Lord, for sending Tiko to encourage me today. Hebrews 13:1-2 Keep on loving each other as brothers. 2Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
www.natalielowe.blogspot.com

No comments: