Monday, December 29, 2008

Friends

How many old friends do we really have? I mean those kind who live life with you? Through thick and thin? Beauty and ugliness? About 28 years ago, I met someone who would become a lifelong friend. I didn't know it then, but God would grow a love for this person that can't be explained. A sisterhood, I think, few women really get the privilege to have. Someone to laugh so hard with, you pee your pants and your stomach hurts for hours. Someone you can cry with in the sad times until you are hiccuping from needing air. Someone who will tell you the truth when your hair is ugly. Someone who will bring you chocolate or send a card, just because. Someone you may not talk to for months on end, but you know is only a phone call away and would move heaven and earth to get to you if needed. Someone you can disagree with, but maybe just agree to disagree. (Even though I'm the one that's right! :-) We have both changed and grown. Life has hit us both. But one thing has not changed...that solid comfort of knowing that someone is out there that loves me just the way I am. Proverbs 17:17 says "A friend loves at all times." My friend has loved me, even when I haven't been a very good friend. Proverbs 18:24 says "A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." (or sister, in this case.) Eccl.4:9-10 "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" I am so thankful for my lifelong friend. I don't tell you as often as I should, and I'm a terrible friend at times...but I love you dearly! Happy Birthday!

www.natalielowe.blogspot.com

No comments: