Sunday, December 14, 2008

Baptism of Princesses

Matthew 18:2-4 "He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Sunday was a special day for me. Three precious little girls I have known since they were babies; were baptized. I love it when I see one of these precious ones come to Him. Jesus clearly said for us to change and come to Him like little children. What does that mean exactly? How do children come to Him? I think they come with pure trust. He actually tells us to change into children to come to him. In the King James Version, it says "be converted" which means to turn around or reverse ourselves back to a child. He says to "humble" as a child. As grown-ups, we try to psychoanalyze the salvation process. We make it so hard. Children come with such an innocence. They trust their Heavenly Daddy, just like they trust a Dad on this earth. They might go on a walk with their father to the park, and they may not know exactly where they are going or how they are going to get there or get home, but they hold their daddy's hand and they trust him to get them there and back safely. That's like their innocence in coming to Jesus. They may not know everything, but they are humbled enough and trust enough in Jesus, that they know He is going to get them there and back safely.

Now these little girls are all rare jewels indeed. If you took a moment to sit down and have a conversation with them, I imagine they could tell you more about the gospel and the love of Jesus in just a few minutes than most theologians could summarize in hours. They all three have a heart for God at such a young age and I know that is because their parents have been faithful to train them at home and bring them up in the way they should go. I am anxious and excited to see what God is going to do in their lives. My heart continues to break for the kids who don't have these kind of families to train them. To my little special princesses, Elisabeth, Ashlyn & Taylor, you have touched my heart in more ways than you will ever know and I am so very proud of you!! Don't ever forget you are a princess, and a child of the King! Matt. 19:14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

www.natalielowe.blogspot.com

No comments: