Monday, December 29, 2008

NEW

Well it's almost that time. The time for a NEW year. I approach this new year with lots of things "new". What exactly does that mean anyway? It can mean so many different things. New, as in unused or fresh. (new clothes, for instance.) Existing for the first time. Inexperienced or unaccustomed to. All of the above. I have excitement and trepidation. It's always easier to do what we've always done. I approach 2009 with hopefully a new job. (Still waiting on that one, but know for sure I won't have the "old" job.) For the first time in 9 years, I won't be "working" for a church. Vocationally, anyway. I'm no longer majorly involved with working with children...which is kind of sad. However, working with women and the Haven has been incredible. (Although I'm not even positive what's going to happen there.) Actually, the biggest thing "new" is not know what "new" is really going to be. Therein, lies the problem. Miss Control Freak here doesn't know what the plan is. Hmmm. God has definitely moved me out of my comfort zone into NEW. I gladly say goodbye to 2008. A year of heartache~~ but where I saw God be faithful in so many ways. I learned so much. I learned that learning is hard. The thing is, I want to be NEW. I want God to mold me into the woman He wants me to be. I want what He wants, and I submit to that. Even though, it is so far out of my comfort zone! I pray 2 Cor 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" Father, make me a NEW creation. Eph 4:24 "and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." Father, help put on the new self so I will be more like you!" 2009 exists for the first time ever. It is fresh, new, and unused. What does NEW look like for you?
www.natalielowe.blogspot.com

No comments: