Sunday, November 2, 2008

Change is not a bad word.

Most people see change as a bad thing. I guess it can be. But change can also bring about a new opportunity. Most of you know by now that I have resigned my staff position at the church. However, I have certainly not resigned my calling. I know without a doubt that I am called to serve Him wholeheartedly and minister to women and families. Right now, that continues to be at GOW with the people I love. The Haven class has been an absolute affirmation of the changes He started in my home life earlier this year. With Missy's paralysis, Amanda's cancer scare, me going out of Children's ministry, and LB's layoff possibilities and health issues, it has certainly been a year of change and molding for our family. One thing I know for certain though, God doesn't change. He is the same yesterday, today, and forevermore.(Hebrews 13:8) He does, however, change US to make us hopefully more like HIM. Try this: Cross your arms across your chest like you would, for instance, if you were cold. OK, now switch your arms around with the opposite arm on top. See, you can do it! It feels uncomfortable, but you can do it! That's how I have felt. Uncomfortable. Out of my comfort zone with all these changes. But I know with God's help, I can do it. It's been a rough few weeks, and a very difficult year. I prayed yesterday morning and I asked God specifically to give me a verse to get through the day. Something to strengthen me. Well the verse He gave me, wasn't just a verse, it's also a song. More than likely one of the several Psalms our Jesus sang on the way to Calvary. The verse was so clear. This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24. I can promise you as tough as it is, every time I get a little sad with change...I can sing the song....This is the day, this is the day. That the Lord has made, that the Lord has made. I will rejoice, I will rejoice. And be glad in it, and be glad in it. This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. This is the day, this is the day....THAT THE LORD HAS MADE!

I want to thank everyone at GOW for allowing me to serve for the last 4 1/2 years. I pray you will pick up your cross, and make it a cross on the move......forming that sideways cross that makes you an X-treme Christ Follower. I believe our time is short, and we must be about His business. Take back your families. Pick up your cross. Follow Him.

No comments: