Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Call and He will answer.

I was cleaning out my garage on Saturday and my aunt and uncle came over to get a few things. Now my uncle and I just have this bond. It's kind of unspoken, but it's there. I have been praying for him to have a personal relationship with Christ for years. So have many others in our family. Well, this past year, He came to Christ and has fully surrendered to make Him Lord of his life and it's so awesome! Anyway, Doug told me he had to tell me something. And it was just for me. A message He felt God wanted me to know. The message was, "You have fought the good fight, you have finished this race, now turn it over to me and leave it in my hands." When I heard those words, I just started crying. You see, he didn't know the significance, but I immediately did.

First of all, I had been praying for weeks, seeking God and hoping I had made the right decisions. Secondly, for it to come from my uncle made it even more special. To see God speaking to him and his humbleness about hearing from him was a touching moment. Thirdly, if you go to my blog on Oct. 28-"How to-in ministry"--you will see what I wrote on the last few lines and how personal God is to all of us! I wrote: "I don't know about you, but it is very important to me to faithfully discharge all the duties of the ministry Christ has given me. I want to be able to say, like Paul, I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have kept the faith. But will I be able to?" WOW. God read my blog. He knows my heart and He knew how important this was to me. So He gave the answer to my very special uncle, wrapped it up with love, and sent it to me in a very personal way.

I weep with joy because I want to faithfully discharge all the duties God gives me, and it's like He told me for this past season, I have and it's going to be ok. Turn it over to Him and let Him handle it.(I like to help God, and He's saying "I got this one Nat, let go!" And lastly, I truly believe I can now move on to the next call God has on my life, whatever that may be. It's so hard to let go when I've put so much heart and passion into this past season of ministry. But I am greatly looking forward to what God is going to do next. And I'm ready to start a new race. I've known all along that God hears me but for Him to take the time, in this mass universe of people, to send me a love note in this way, truly brings me to my face in awe and thanks. Thank you God.
Jer. 33:3 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know'
Isa. 65:24 Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear.
Isa. 30:21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

No comments: