Saturday, July 21, 2007

Xtreme Grace

Why should I blog? Well why not? God sends me lots of thoughts, and if nothing else, this will be a journal of those thoughts. Maybe no one else will even read it, but oh well.....it'll be fun.

I've been thinking alot about being Xtreme, at which I'm seemingly caught in just the mundane. Christ laid it on my heart the other night, that I should be an Xtreme Christ follower. Now I've been a Christian for years but I'm feeling the urgency of this life and that time is short. I felt like God was showing me that the X in xtreme is a "sideways cross." A cross on the move. When Christ called his followers to follow Him, He said "take up your cross and follow me." Matthew 16:24 If we are really carrying our cross, it is a cross on the move and will be in the form of a sideways cross. An X. He told us to do that before He ever went to the cross Himself. Now the hard part, am I taking up the cross? Is it moving forward? Is it on the move. Or is it straight up, at a standstill? How about yours?

No comments: